Real Estate Articles
Here at Susan Jackson Real Estate, we’re big fans of real estate numbers, facts and figures. You know what’s also interesting? The beautiful state we’re so lucky to call home! On that note we thought it would be fun to mention some interesting trivia points about Hawaii!
- The Hawaiian alphabet has 13 letters
- First Western contact with Hawaii was James Cook in 1778
- Maui has received Conde Nast Traveler “Best Island in the World” 16 times
- Maui has 30 miles of red, white and black sand beaches
- Haleakala is the worlds largest dormant volcano – 21 miles across and 4,000 ft deep. It could contain the island of Manhattan.
- Hawaii has longest life expectancy in the US – 81.3 years
- Lahaina receives less than 10” of rain yearly, tho W Mau mountains get over 365” yearly
- Hawaii has 11 of the world’s 13 climate zones
- Hawaiians eat more than 7 million cans of Spam yearly
Hope you all were able to learn something fun from this! As always, feel free to give us a shout with any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Maui!